Instant Pot bean soup is a hearty, healthy vegetarian dinner, made using dried beans in your Instant Pot. Made with a packaged 15-bean soup starter, this quick and easy meal comes together, start to finish, in just 45 minutes!
Vegetarian Instant Pot Bean Soup Using Dried Beans is a meatless meal that satisfies and warms you up on the coldest day. Best of all- you can make this fast! Gone are the days where it takes hours to soften and cook dried beans. Now, with small appliances like slow cookers and electric pressure cookers you can shave hours off of your cook time.
Now that the holidays are over, many of us are looking for healthier recipes to help get our eating back on track. I took one of my most popular recipes using Hurst Beans: Hurst’s 15 Beans Soup with Leftover Ham, took out the meat and added more veggies. I promise you won’t miss that ham bone! If you participate in Meatless Monday’s then this recipe needs to be in your lineup!
Don’t let the thought of using dried beans keep you from trying them. They are economical, healthier (nothing added it’s just beans) and so so versatile! Heck, I have even made brownies with beans!
This Instant Pot bean soup recipe can be easily adapted for use in a slow cooker. Keep the same ingredient line-up, just add it to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 5-6. The times will vary according to how many times you open the lid, your particular model of slow cooker or how soft you like your beans.
Watch a quick video of me putting this Instant Pot bean soup recipe together:
A few tips about this Vegetarian Instant Pot Bean Soup Using Dried Beans recipe:
- This works best in a 6 qt or larger electric pressure cooker
- Do not overfill your pressure cooker
- Allow for a natural pressure release when it is finished. Do not do a quick release or you will risk soup splatter coming out of the valve release
- Add 1 TB of olive oil (or any light oil) as the last ingredient to help control foam
- Once the pressure is released and you open the lid, test for doneness in the largest bean
- Once you are happy with the softness of the beans taste to see if you need to add a seasoning of your choice
- Lastly, stir in 1 can of Red Gold undrained petite diced tomatoes, the juice of 1 lemon and give the beans a light mash (if you like that consistency)
Here are a few of my favorite recipes that feature Hurst Beans:
I hope you enjoy this Vegetarian Instant Pot Bean Soup Using Dried Beans recipe!
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments and I will do my best to answer them.