Hand held meals are one of the easiest things to make for a lunch box. From sandwiches to healthy muffins and empanadas to lettuce wraps, here are some fantastic and easy hand held recipes to help you power your lunchbox!
Produce for Kids and I are happy to announce the 2017 Power Your Lunch Box campaign. I will not be compensated for the promotion of this campaign. I’m sharing the information below because I believe that preparing healthy lunches for kids is very important.
The success of the 2016 Power Your Lunchbox campaign has prompted Produce for Kids to launch two of them this year. In 2016, the Power Your Lunchbox Pledge campaign received 21,674 pledges, which resulted in 238,414 donated meals for families in need. That is absolutely awesome news and it feels great to know that we were a part of that success! For information and details on the 2017 campaign, visit poweryourlunchbox.com.
My boys love hand held, “grab ‘n go” meals, especially at breakfast and lunch time. We are so busy in the morning that we rarely have time to sit down for breakfast. I make sure that the boys have something healthy to grab on their way out the door.
When it comes to lunch, hand held sandwiches, wraps, and muffins are favorites with my family.
Scroll down to see a recipe for Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps below. And here are more great hand held lunch recipes, from this blog and the Produce for Kids website.
Finally, here’s the recipe for hand held Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps!
Produce for Kids wants to encourage families to eat right this year, by asking families nationwide to eat a healthier lunch with the Power Your Lunchbox Pledge campaign. The campaign runs from January 4 through February 15, 2017 at PowerYourLunchbox.com.
Produce for Kids partners supporting Power Your Lunchbox Return-To- School Pledge 2017 include:
- Avocados from Mexico – Mexican Hass Avocados
- Bee Sweet Citrus, Crispy Fruit Freeze-Dried Fruit
- Snacks from Crispy Green ®
- Eat Smart® Fresh Cut Vegetables
- Earthbound Farm® Baby Kale
- Marie’s ® Dressings
- Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice
- Pero Family Farms ® Mini Sweet Peppers and Snipped Green Beans
- Wish Farms Strawberries
- Additional support provided by Bentology™.
Here are three ways families and individuals can get involved in the campaign:
Take the pledge. Pledge to eat healthier this new year at PowerYourLunchbox.com.
- Companies supporting the program will make a collective $1 donation for every pledge to Feeding America programs that support families and children.
Show off healthy lunchboxes on social media.
- Produce for Kids’ Instagram and Twitter followers can use the #PowerYourLunchbox hashtag to show off their healthy lunchboxes. Followers may have their lunchboxes featured on the Produce for Kids Facebook and Instagram pages. Follow the hashtag to see great ideas from fellow parents!
Party with Produce for Kids on Twitter.
- Parents looking for even more tips and resources for healthy lunchboxes are invited to join Produce for Kids and partner companies at the #PowerYourLunchbox Twitter party on Wednesday, Jan. 18, at 4 p.m. ET.