Crispy orange glazed roasted duck is a delicious dish with great flavors. Get out of the chicken rut and make this quick, easy roast duck recipe instead.
When you cook as much as I do you really get in a rut, quickly! You can only have so much chicken.
Over the last several years we have been eating more and more duck. This flavorful bird is really underused by the home cook. I think it is daunting and I have even heard a few of my friends comment that they do not know how to prepare it therefore they avoid it. Another problem is most consumers do not know where to get it. Several years ago, I bought mine at a local Asian market. Little did I know that Indiana is home to one of the largest duck producers in the country, Maple Leaf Farms.
I would love to tell you all the history of the company, its founders and share many of the fabulous and easy recipes that use duck that I found on their website, but I am going to dive right in to the recipe! For more information about Maple Leaf Farms and tons of healthy recipes using duck and complimentary side dishes, please visit their WEBSITE.
I used two half duck roasts to make this orange glazed duck recipe.
The sauce I used was prepared in just minutes and the duck halves were done in 15 minutes. The rainbow rice and steamed veggies were done at the same time. I had this dinner on the table by 5:00. 30 minute total prep, on a school night, after working all day. And my WHOLE family loved it. That’s really all I need to say. Quick, economical, intense flavor profile and my family loved it.
That’s all I could ever hope for!
Give this crispy orange glazed roasted duck recipe a try, and let me know what you think of it!
Total Servings 4
Crispy roasted duck brushed with an Asian flavored orange glaze.
10 minPrep (inc. refrigeration & rest time)
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 2 duck halves or breasts, roasted
- 1 C fresh orange juice
- 1/2 C orange marmalade
- 2 TB low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TB orange zest
- 1 TB sugar mixed with 1 TB cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp grated ginger root
- orange slices and chopped green onions for garnish
- A few shakes of sweet chili sauce or hot sauce, optional
- Combine glaze contents in a small sauce pan and simmer on low, until thickened. Remove from heat and brush on duck during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- I used pre-roasted duck halves. They require reheating in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350 F. OR broil them. Cook them starting with the breast side down for 5 minutes then flip them, glaze them and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush on more glaze if you want to, and serve with a side of Rainbow Rice and steamed veggies.
One response to “Crispy Orange Glazed Roasted Duck”