* We all know her- the perky girl who bounces into work in the morning. It’s barely 8 am and she has already had a workout, walked the dog, packed her family a nutritious lunch and her hair is perfectly coiffed. All this, and she looks like a runway model for Givenchy. Was she just born this way or does she know something we don’t know?
Chances are the secret to her success is something she ate. How you look and feel is a direct reflection of what you eat, and more importantly, what you assimilate. It affects everything, even what you wouldn’t expect right away. From the bumps on your arms to the luster of your hair, all of these things hinge on what you put in and on your body.
This is just the formula I used. I wanted to make sure I had somewhat equal proportions. I left this on until dry and have been using 3-4 times a week! It has really helped with my summer dryness.
- 1 ripe avocado, small-just the flesh
- 1 ripe banana, small-just the flesh
- 1 kiwi-just the flesh
- 3/4 C buttermilk, more to thin it if needed
- In a blender mix the fruits and the buttermilk.
- Pulse to blend to a smooth consistency.
- Rub onto clean and dry skin, and let sit for 20 minutes or until dry.
- Then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Find Must Have Been Something I Ate on Amazon or at your local book retailer!
Must Have Been Something I Ate is the ultimate guide to guilt free eating and incorporating foods to boost your mood into your daily routine. Peggy spins salads into PMS cures, turns oatmeal into a sleep aid and transforms kelp into a weight loss wonder.
Peggy has recently been featured in Ingredient Magazine, KIWI Magazine, Shape, All You, Yahoo Shine, Fitness.com, Martha Stewart Living Radio, Access Hollywood, LiveStrong.com, and more. She is also a weekly contributor to The Steven and Chris show, currently airing on the CBC and ABC’s Live Well network, and her food column in Vegetarian Times debuts in the Spring.