As kids, you have been taught to inculcate a strict two-time-brush regime for more substantial, whiter, and brighter teeth. But as life goes on and lifestyle changes come about, it is only natural to have problems related to oral hygiene and discoloration of teeth. While there may be many causes to the formation of a yellow layer on your teeth enamel, such as smoking, drinking carbonated drinks, coffee, or simply aging, there are also many solutions to this problem. You can opt for home-made remedies or dental procedures or even take the middle road by going for whitening kits. These kits are your one-stop solution for yellow teeth, and with such treatment, you can become more confident of your smile as well as improve your oral health. So, check out all the necessary components of the best teeth whitening kit and their proper uses.
Whitening StripsCoated with a peroxide whitening gel, these whitening strips are thin and easy to apply. Applying it for 60 minutes will help you get whiter and healthier teeth as it will induce considerable amounts of hydrogen peroxide. You will need to use the strips at least 8-10 times before getting satisfactory results. The effects of this treatment will last up to 36 months. Some of the benefits of using these strips are given below:
- They are easy to apply and more straightforward to carry
- Not only do they remove surface stains, but they also help remove stains deep-rooted in the teeth, thus, speeding up the whitening process.
Whitening ToothpasteNot only does a whitening toothpaste help in strengthening the teeth, the gums, and the enamel along with fighting breath problems, it also helps remove surface stains from your teeth. Such kinds of toothpaste are mild and contain hydrogen peroxide, which will help whiten your teeth. Toothpaste is one of the essential components of an oral kit, and we bet you respect your brushing lessons more now! You can check out more advantages of using the whitening toothpaste below:
- It is inexpensive compared to other components.
- It is easy to use as you already would know how to use a toothpaste.
- It has proved to be efficient in removing surface stains.
- Using it will also give you a fresh breath.
Whitening GelsThese types of gels are applied directly on the surface of your teeth, and they contain peroxide, which will help whiten your teeth. You can use it daily for a few days to take desirable results and should expect these results to last for four months. Some of the advantages of adding whitening gel to your kit may include:
- These gels are literally the easiest to apply and do not require the hassles of extravagant procedures.
- It is comfortable and light to carry a gel.
- You can apply it daily without worrying about harmful side-effects.
Whitening PenApart from the different components that can be added in the whitening kit, you can also add the whitening pen, which is the most portable of all. You should paint it at every nook and corner of your teeth two times per day. The pen has a whitening gel that contains carbamide peroxide, and the even spread of this gel helps in the whitening of the teeth. Such pens also contain potassium nitrate, calcium phosphate, and sodium fluoride that help in balancing pH levels in your mouth. In addition to a bright smile, the gel in the pen also leaves you with minty fresh breath, so it’s really a win-win situation! If you are still giving this component a second thought, then here are some of the added benefits of using the whitening pen:
- It is easy to use, and convenient to carry
- It can be blended into your daily oral care routine.
- It helps you take control over the specific areas of your teeth that you want to whiten.
- It is less irritable than other whitening treatments.
Whitening RinsesWhitening rinses are to be used as your regular mouthwash, only 60 seconds long and twice in a day. Not only do these rinses help cure gum diseases and dental plaque, but the hydrogen peroxide present in them also helps in whitening your teeth. Rinses are safe to use, and they may take 10-12 weeks to show results. Some of the advantages of using whitening rinses include:
- You can use it daily without any harmful side-effects to your teeth.
- It is easy to use and does not require any specific tactic.
- Besides whitening, rinses also help in cleansing your mouth and aid in cavity and breath problems.
Whitening LED MouthpieceYou can make the process of whitening your teeth, fun! How? Well, you can use the LED mouthpiece, which reflects blue light while it does all the wonders on your stained teeth. It is preferable to use the whitening gel first and then the mouthpiece for 10 minutes for the best results. If you are looking for more reasons to use this incredible invention, then here are some pros of using teeth whitening LED mouthpiece for you to consider:
- It is a safer alternative to the lab-based use of UV light, which can prove detrimental.
- The blue LED light in the mouthpiece has proven efficient in speeding up the process of whitening.