This pretzel bites recipe is going to change your holiday dessert table for the better! Bite sized pretzels covered with chocolate caramel candies and salty toasted pecans. They are a sweet and salty treat that is perfect for holiday gift giving.
Just when you thought you had seen every holiday dessert imaginable, along come these little gems. I am telling you, I have never made an easier holiday treat than these. Ever. Except for maybe fruit salad.
I have been making these for what seems like my whole life. I make them by the hundreds, and that is no joke. I give them to practically everyone I know. They are an unbeatable combination of salty and sweet. Gooey and crunchy. Try to beat it, I dare you!
There isn’t much of a recipe to go along with these. On parchment lined cookie sheets I lay out pretzel ‘grids’ or regular mini pretzels. On top of each pretzel, I place an unwrapped Rolo. Then I pop them in the oven just until the candy has softened.
After they come out of the oven, I place a whole pecan on top and squish it down slightly. That’s it! Once they have cooled, you can package or store them in an airtight container.
I have also made these using a Hershey’s Hug (swirled white and dark chocolate) in a circle pretzel and then once soft, I add 1 red and 1 green M & M. They look like little wreaths.
Yes, this is simple and yes, you may have made these before. But some of the best things I make and give at Christmas time are simple.
But these sweet and salty pretzel bites are made from the heart and to me, that is ALL that counts. ????
Who will you make these pretzel bites for?
Total Servings 36
Mini sized pretzels are topped with sweet chocolate caramel candy and salty pecans. They’re the perfect holiday treat that’s perfect for gift giving.
10 minPrep (inc. refrigeration & rest time)
4 minCook Time
14 minTotal Time
- 36 mini pretzels or pretzel “grids”
- 36 chocolate caramel candies (like Rolos), unwrapped
- 36 whole pecans, roasted and salted
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange pretzels in a single layer onto the baking sheets, spaced about 1 inch apart. Place one unwrapped chocolate caramel candy on top of each pretzel.
- Place trays into the oven and bake for about 4 minutes, or just until the candies have softened.
- Remove pans from the oven and gently press one pecan down onto the top of each candy.
- Allow candies to cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container.
3 responses to “Chocolate Pecan Pretzel Bites – Easy Holiday Food Gift Idea”