Breakfast Lasagna- Move over bacon, eggs and potatoes! Layer Toufayan Bakeries multi-grain wraps, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and cheese for a healthy and hearty breakfast!
This post is in partnership with Toufayan Bakeries. Like everything I share on Basilmomma.com all opinions are my own!
Breakfast Lasagna- I am just going to be honest here and tell you that this isn’t a recipe. There is no real measuring, no exhaustive preparation, and no unknown ingredients. This is simple food prepared in such a way that your family (or you for that matter) will happily clean their plate.
Isn’t that what we want?
Breakfast Lasagna was born when my kids told me their were tired of what they call the 4 spot breakfast- a plate with a pile each of bacon, potatoes, toast and eggs. Apparently it gets boring. I am not sure a steaming hot plate of food I didn’t have to make would ever get boring to me, but for the sake of time, I will just go with their story.
What if I took their morning favorites and layered them lasagna style in a spring form pan? What if I separated each layer with a Toufayan Bakeries multi-grain wrap in lieu of toast? What if I topped each layer with cheese and baked this round creation until bubbly and hot?
Well, I did all of that and this is what I got (click play):
Best part? This Breakfast Lasagna recipe is perfect for the freezer. I cut into wedges, allowed to cool, then wrapped leftover wedges individually for later. Then my son can pull one out of the freezer to heat up in the morning before (5 am wake-up call) swim practice!
Enjoy this breakfast lasagna recipe!
Total Servings 8
BMove over bacon, eggs and potatoes! Layer Toufayan Bakeries multi-grain wraps, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and cheese for a healthy and hearty breakfast!
30 minPrep (inc. refrigeration & rest time)
40 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 4 Toufayan Bakeries multi-grain wraps
- 6 large eggs, scrambled
- 2 cups of each of the following:
- shredded cheddar cheese
- hash brown potatoes, thawed from frozen
- cooked breakfast sausage
- 1 C cooked bacon, chopped
- Sour cream, tomatoes or salsa, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a spring form pan with non-stick spray
- Alternately- you could use a 9″ round cake pan.
- Place a base layer wrap, it’s ok if it is too big.
- Add the sausage and bacon, dust with cheese, add a wrap.
- Add the potatoes, sprinkle with cheese, add a wrap.
- Add the eggs, sprinkle with cheese, add a wrap.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cheese and fillings are bubbly.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Remove spring from sides.
- Slide onto a cutting board.
- Slice into wedges.