siggi’s Yogurt :Icelandic-style strained yogurt that is made with simple ingredients and not a lot of sugar. Free of any artificial preservatives, thickeners, sweeteners, flavors or colors; this yogurt is a product you can feel good about. One of the best parts- no bitter, tangy taste. Just smooth, creamy goodness!
This may sound odd to you but yogurt plays an important role in my family’s diet. I once thought that I might put together an e-cookbook with all of the ways I use yogurt from simple snacking to adding to recipes. It has taken me a few years and a few brands to find what I like. As a young person I turned my nose up at the mere thought of eating yogurt. Let’s face it- yogurt has come a long way since the eighties. I never thought I would grow up to like this cultured treat. But I not only like it- I love it.
1. The cultures.The cultures keep me healthy and although I am not a doctor, I eat it twice daily to maintain the good cultures one needs to have good digestive health. Plus, in my non-physician opinion, these cultures take away the bad and bring on more of the good. Here is a great starting point to learn more about the good bacteria that most yogurts have.
2. Yogurt is the perfect medium in which to make a smoothie. A cup of your favorite low-fat, low-calorie yogurt (like siggi’s), a handful of fruit and a banana is all you need to make the perfect family-friendly smoothie. Want to make it heartier? Add 2 TB of quick oats (uncooked) to your blender container. This will sustain you longer and keep you from mindlessly snacking all morning. Or maybe that’s just me ???? HERE is a really easy way to enjoy frozen yogurt at home.
3. Yogurt makes an excellent marinade for chicken , turkey and pork. Also, stir some diced cucumbers, a bit of chopped fresh mint, salt, pepper and a bit of feta cheese into 1 cup of plain yogurt and you have the perfect dip for grilled meats and Greek meatballs! Here is a great recipe using yogurt in a BURGER and as a DIP. Here is a LINK to more ways to enjoy siggi’s Yogurt!
4. Yogurt is the ultimate portable snack! Throw it in a lunchbox, toss it in your purse for an on the go mini-meal, or after workout refresher. It is self contained. Perfect, right? Add a banana or some peanut butter and apples and you have a pretty balanced snack that will hold you over until mealtime.
5. Calcium and protein. These are two things that I struggle to get enough of and by starting my day with yogurt- I am already well on my way to getting in my daily required amounts. Once quick and easy way to boost my breakfast is to make a wrap of peanut butter, 1/2 cup of yogurt and a handful of fresh fruit or 1 sliced banana. Not only is this quick and palate pleasing- my kids love this too!
Now a little bit more about siggi’s Yogurt :
siggi’s rather delicious yogurts with simple ingredients and not a lot of sugar.
Try delicious flavors like vanilla, pumpkin & spice, and mixed berries & açai, power up your breakfast with their recipes and print a coupon.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of siggi’s Dairy. The opinions and text are all mine.