Over the last several months I have had these 2 ingredient muffins a few times and after each time I wonder “why didn’t I think of that?” !
Well, I didn’t. Hungry Girl did and I thank her for it. Not only did I make them as her recipe states, I also made them using a different cake mix. They are perfect for Easter time-well, they are pretty much perfect for anytime you want a muffin without all of the guilt. For me that is anytime
When I made these again, I added just a bit of a crunchy topping. I combined 2 TB of uncooked oats with 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and 2 TB brown sugar in a small bowl and sprinkled on top of each before I baked them. These muffins were fine as the recipe states but extra special with the crumbly topping
From Hungry Girl, this is not an original Basilmomma recipe. Please visit the Hungry Girl site for more information!
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl and stir to remove any lumps.
- Add pumpkin and fold in until completely smooth.
- Do not add any other ingredients that are listed on the cake mix box.
- The mixture will be very thick, that is ok.
- Distribute batter into a 12-cup muffin pan lined with baking cups or sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Place pan in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and then serve!