Today I am sharing the last of my 3 dishes from my Fox 59 appearance on Monday (watch it HERE)
I make some kind of egg casserole every week. When you have 3 guys in your house that thrive on a big breakfast you need to get creative with cheap ways to feed them. Nothing is cheaper, and more filling, than a casserole like this. A layer of shredded potatoes,cheese, eggs,cream and diced green chilies-it really stands on its own on your breakfast table! Add this to your holiday menu and you will not have any left over, promise:)
- 4 C frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 C small cubed ham or 1 C of diced cooked bacon
- 1 4oz can of diced green chilies, drained
- 1/2 C Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 C cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1 12oz can of evaporated milk or 12 oz or half and half
- salt and pepper
- salsa and sour cream for garnish
- In a greased 8x8 baking dish, layer the hash browns, ham, chilies, and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and salt/pepper.
- Pour over the casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a knife stuck in the center comes out clean. let stand for a moment before serving.
- Garnish with salsa and sour cream, optional.