Bacon cheddar cheese ball bites make perfect holiday appetizers or game day snacks. Bite sized balls of creamy cheddar and cream cheese, rolled in crispy bacon and chives. What’s not to love about this easy appetizer?!
I created these bacon cheddar cheese appetizers during last week’s cooking segment on IndyStyle on WISH-TV. They are easy to make and super delicious, so I knew the recipe would be a hit. We also created a festive holiday drink – cran-raspberry sparkling iced tea.
See the entire IndyStyle on WISH-TV segment here.
I originally created this recipe from an old cheese ball recipe of mine from the 90’s. Same recipe except I formed one BIG ball instead of rolling smaller ones. Same great taste, just different presentation. Feel free to do what works for you. I made these bacon cheddar cheese ball bites the size of a walnut. Smaller would make them more bite sized.
Make quick work of the prep by using bacon bits, pre-shredded medium or sharp cheddar and snip the chives with kitchen shears. I made these in minutes. Just be sure to leave the cream cheese out to soften about an hour before you want to make them.
Enjoy these bacon cheddar cheese ball bites!
Cream cheese and cheddar cheese come together to create bite sized cheese balls which are then rolled through crispy bacon and fresh chives.
1 hr, 15 Prep (inc. refrigeration & rest time)
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 C shredded medium or sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- ⅓ C chopped fresh chives
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all but last 2 ingredients.
- Roll into 1-inch sized balls and place onto a cookie sheet to chill in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Mix bacon and chives in a shallow dish.
- Roll each cheese ball into the bacon and chives mixture.
- Can be made a day ahead.