Produce for Kids knows that the last thing we want to do is spend more time in the kitchen than we need to during the holidays. We also want to feed our family and friends special eats and treats that are not heavy in fat in calories.
Produce for Kids has a great opportunity for us to get a few new recipes just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday and best of all- it’s FREE!
Click HERE for a FREE e-book full of recipes and healthy tips.
One recipe that I will be trying this year is lightened up slow cooker mashed potatoes. Using both potatoes AND cauliflower I can really justify that dollop on my Thanksgiving plate this year. You can easily double the recipe and hello- you make it in the slow cooker. How easy is that??
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
• 1½ cups cauliflower florets
• 1½ lbs. red potatoes, quartered
• ½ sweet onion, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1 tsp. salt
• ½ tsp. pepper
• 1 cup Greek yogurt
• 1 tsp. parsley, chopped
1. Blend cauliflower in food processor
2. Add cauliflower, potatoes, onion, 1 cup
water, garlic, salt and pepper to slow
cooker. Cook on high 4 hours.
3. Mix in yogurt with hand mixer until
well incorporated. Top with parsley.
Next up is a lighter version of the classic sweet potato casserole. I don’t know about you- but my favorite handmade marshmallows from 240Sweet would be PERFECT on top of this!
Get THAT recipe HERE!
@ProduceforKids is hosting a #FestiveFlavors Twitter party on Wednesday, Nov. 12, from 9 to 10 p.m. EST
Feel free to join in on the fun!
Produce for Kids has 3 chances to get healthy this holiday season and win:
- Join the #FestiveFlavors Twitter party on November 12 at 9pm ET for healthy recipes, tips and prizes from Produce for Kids!RSVP here.
- Visit the Produce for Kids Facebook page from November 10 to December 31 to enter to the #FestiveFlavors Sweepstakes for a chance to win a Ninja® 3-in-1 Cooking System.
- Enter the Healthy Holiday Re-do Contest on Instagram. Upload a photo of your healthy holiday recipe, tag @produceforkids and use the hashtag #FestiveFlavors to enter to win a Ninja® 3-in-1 Cooking System.