These easy Summer recipes of Blueberry Corn Salsa, Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce, and Watermelon Lemonade are part of a sponsored post, written in partnership with the Fresh Thyme Farmer’s Market. I was compensated for my attendance at the market, but all thoughts and opinions in this post are my own.
On Saturday, July 19, 2014, I am cooking for the guests of the Fresh Thyme Farmer’s Market in Greenwood, Indiana! I am thrilled to be asked to come back again, and after last time (serving over 475 guests) I am ready for the task!
From 11 AM to 2 PM that day, I’ll be making these easy Summer recipes: Sweet Corn and Blueberry Salsa, Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki sauce, and Fresh Watermelon Lemonade.
Did someone say delicious Summer cooking?!
Greek Meatballs (or burgers) with Tzatziki (Get the printable recipe HERE)
- 1 lb of ground lamb or beef
- 1/3 C feta cheese, crumbled (meat)
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice (meat)
- 2 TB each chopped fresh chives,parsley AND mint (meat)
- 2 small container of Greek yogurt (use 2 TB for meat and leftover amt for dip)
- 2 green onions, sliced white parts for dip, green for meat
- the rest of the 4 oz container of crumbled feta (leftover from meat use for dip)
- salt/pepper to taste (dip)
- a squirt of lemon juice (dip)
- 1 TB of chopped mint and chives (dip)
- 2 TB of chopped parsley (dip)
- In a bowl add the lamb, chives, mint/parsley, salt, pepper, green parts of the green onion, feta and yogurt.
- Shape mixture (all ingredients) into small 1 inch meatballs.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool just a bit and serve with a side of Tzatziki.
- For the Tzatziki:
- In a small bowl combine container of Greek yogurt plus remnants of the leftover from the meat mixture, white parts of the green onion, chopped mint, feta, salt and pepper.
Watermelon Lemonade (Get the printable version HERE)
4 cups ice
4 cups seedless watermelon chunks
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tablespoons honey (or you can use sugar)
pinch of salt
In a blender combine all ingredients. Puree until smooth. You may have to stop it a few times to make sure it is blending evenly. Serve right away or refrigerate. The juice will separate as it sits, but just stir it again to combine.
And last but not least, I made Blueberry and Sweet Corn Salsa!
4 tsp olive oil
1 C fresh blanched sweet corn kernels
1 C fresh blueberries
1/4 C chopped sweet onion
2 TB chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 Medium jalapeno pepper
Juice of 1 lime
zest of 1 lime
Combine all ingredients and serve.
A few more photos of our fun time serving these easy summer recipes at Fresh Thyme!