Over the last several months I have had these 2 ingredient muffins a few times and after each time I wonder “why didn’t I think of that?” !
Well, I didn’t. Hungry Girl did and I thank her for it. Not only did I make them as her recipe states, I also made them using a different cake mix. They are perfect for Easter time-well, they are pretty much perfect for anytime you want a muffin without all of the guilt. For me that is anytime
When I made these again, I added just a bit of a crunchy topping. I combined 2 TB of uncooked oats with 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and 2 TB brown sugar in a small bowl and sprinkled on top of each before I baked them. These muffins were fine as the recipe states but extra special with the crumbly topping
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl and stir to remove any lumps.
- Add pumpkin and fold in until completely smooth.
- Do not add any other ingredients that are listed on the cake mix box.
- The mixture will be very thick, that is ok.
- Distribute batter into a 12-cup muffin pan lined with baking cups or sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Place pan in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and then serve!