Do you remember a few weeks ago I told you that I was reviewing a set of T-Fal cookware? Well, I have been using them exclusively since then. To get a feel for them and decide what I thought. I was only TOO happy to get rid of what I already had-those pots and pans had seen better days.
I debuted the 12 inch skillet at the Indiana State Fair in my live cooking demo for Little Red Door Cancer Agency. I was asked to make a healthy, low fat and cancer fighting dish. What better time to use my new skillet? The coating allows cooking without excess oils or butter and I had absolutely no problems cooking this salmon, on stage, with no added fats. it didn’t stick at all and actually I slid it right out of the pan~ for effect you know!
I really like this set. From the measurement markings on the inside of the stock pots to the high quality construction. These will really hold up to the abuse they will get in my kitchen!
Here is a simple little recipe that I made onstage. Not only is it easy, but it is healthy and full of Omega-3′s and pure summer goodness.
Fresh, light and healthy! Buy a good quality salmon. My best advice!
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and diced small
- 2 fresh ears of corn, cooked, cooled and cut off of the cob
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced small
- Juice of 1 lime (and zest if you really like the lime taste)
- 4 5-6 ounce skinless salmon fillets, 1/2 to 1 inch thick
- Barbecue sauce of your choice (I used Best Boy and Co Adobo)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper
- Add corn, red pepper, jalapeno, juice of 1 lime, crushed red pepper and diced red onion to a bowl and allow to sit while cooking salmon.
- Meanwhile, either on an outdoor grill or indoors, add the salmon to an lightly oiled skillet or grill surface and salt and pepper each side.
- Cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until the fish is flaky.
- Add just a coating of barbecue sauce to each side and remove from heat.
- I served each fillet over a little bed of the corn relish and a nice green salad.
Want to win a set of your own? Enter in any or ALL of these listed giveaways to increase your chances! Make sure to read contest rules clearly and tomorrow you will hear more information about Cooking Planit, or what I like to call ” The APP that has revolutionized my kitchen!”
I was given a 12 piece T-Fal set to test out by T-Fal and Cooking Planit. All opinions are my own.
A Little More Info About T-Fal…
The 12 piece set includes: 8” Sauté pan, 10” Sauté pan, 1 Qt. saucepan & cover, 2 Qt. Saucepan & cover, 3 Qt. Saucepan & cover , 5 Qt. Dutch Oven & Cover, 2 Stainless Glass Lids.
• Oven safe to 500˚F
• Dishwasher Safe
• Riveted Handles
• Limited Lifetime Warranty
• Stainless steel interior
The T-‐fal Stainless Steel with Thermo-‐spot 12-‐Piece Cookware Set combines the best of both worlds: with a sleek exterior of brushed
stainless steel and the T-‐fal patented non-‐stick interior and unique Thermo-‐spot™ technology this set is the ultimate in cookware. Thermo-‐spot™ technology indicates when the pan is perfectly preheated by changing from the pattern spot to solid red, to seal in the flavor of your food and eliminate food soaking in oil prior to heating. The stainless steel base delivers optimal heat distribution, eliminates hot spots and prevents warping for a lifetime of outstanding cooking results.