Skincare for ladies of a certain age~ That would be me!

There are many things you do not think about when you are a young girl of 15.  Sure, I pored over each and every issue of Teen Beat and Seventeen each month in search of the latest and greatest skin and hair care techniques but when it came to caring for my skin-thinking of my future self-I never gave it much thought.

You are in the moment at that age. I have often thought about writing a post called :

“A Letter to my 15 year old self…”

A sort of  ‘look at me now, do not repeat the same mistakes I did’  for girls that I know, but who wants to read that?

I know better now.  I drink plenty of water, try to get enough sleep, exercise (a little), eat well and make a point to use sunscreen.  I am a sun lover and nothing feels better than the warmth of the sun on your face. The truth is I am paying for my past sun loving ways.  I think my skin looks pretty good for someone nearing 40. I only have just a few wrinkles and the sun damage is lessening thanks to splurging on great moisturizers and using quality sunscreens that are desigated for the face.

Recently I was asked to give 5 beauty products a test run for a few weeks.  I admit, I was a bit skeptical since I had never heard of any of these brands. There may be a reason for that: I am a clearance endcap at Target kind of shopper. I simply do not research my facial skin care. After using these for a few weeks and loving my results I have already reordered one of the products (the last one). I am not sure I can go back to the way my face felt before!

053

Tamarind Tea Hydrating Toner by Juara

One of the mistakes that people who have oily skin (like me) make is withholding moisturizers. The thought is that by NOT adding excess oils that skin will break out less.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  You need that moisture. You do not want your thirsty pores to absorb excess oil and then clog up and form blemishes. I had avoided hydrating toners for this exact reason. Little did I know that this particular Tamarind Tea Hydrating Toner would help even out my dry spots, reduce the redness I have on my cheeks and calm some irritated areas on my forehead and chin. My one mistake was using too much initially. This is formulated to be used without a cotton ball.  I like that. There is no strong odor and has a delicate tea scent.  Not at all medicinal.

052

Pevonia Timeless Repair Serum

One thing I have been good about since having a bit of sun damage on my face checked for Melanoma last year is treating my trouble zones with serums. Pevonia’s Timeless Repair has a light, sheer formulation that smooths skin, decreases the look (for me) of fine lines around my eyes and mouth area.  I used this 2-3 times a day for 7 days.  I noticed a difference in my skins texture after 2 days.  My skin felt more firm, especially around my jaw area. That is one of my trouble spots where my skin just doesn’t have that ZIP any more. Best of all is that is decreased slightly a dark spot I have on my left cheek from the sun.  That in and of itself sold me on this serum. Plus, the light jasmine and lemon scent was a nice touch.

050

Pure Cosmetics Anti-Aging Creme

Ok. I am going to get real real with you all. I am a slightly thicker woman. I have lost, gained, lost, gained-you get the point.  My arms and chest area are soft to say the least. I used this Anti-Aging Creme from Pure Cosmetics in my decolletage area. Yes, I just used that word. I couldn’t think of another one to use that was appropriate! My skin is wrinkly in places from the big, small, big action so I knew that I was going to appreciate this creme. From the get-go I felt like I glowed.  I was dewey without feeling greasy, smooth without feeling slick and my skin was  soft. I can tell you with certainty that I have not experienced this with other moisturizers I have used there.  I will buy this again. I am looking forward to how my skin will look after I have a month of use.

049

Melan-Sol Sunscreen

Sunscreen.  The bane of my exsistence.  I never used it before now I am afraid to go without it on my face, ears, hands, shoulders and shins. These are all of the places that I have had damage removed. The latest was on my hand. Just a bit was there but enough to scare the bejeezus out of me. Do you know what I was doing to speed up the aging of my hands? I was getting shellac manicures every month for 2 years.  Do you know what those UV lights you stick your hands in due to your skin? Do you know how hard it was to make my favorite salon understand why I wanted sunscreen on my hands? Let me tell you it was no easy feat.  And they will not apply it for me.  I have to do it myself while carefully avoinding getting it in my nail area.  Oils and such will ruin the paint job you know! This lives in my purse now.  My nose, ears and hands thank me.

048

Dr Bailey Vit C Anti-Aging Treatment

I saved this gem for last. Like I said earlier I avoided moisturizers because I thought they would make me break out.  Even worse, when I DO break out it is always in the same places! It never fails and what is left behind are tiny scars and dark spots. Well, not any more! This Vitamin C serum not only reduced my dark spots but also lessened the appearance of some scarring.  I also used it on one of my visible surgical scars to remove a bit of the residual redness. Worked like a charm! But here is what I loved the most, besides my smooth forehead: It went on with the silkiest feel. I have never felt anything like it.  Lightweight, almost dry. I can’t describe it. I can tell you that I went on live TV this week, filming outdoors in 80% humidity no less, and my skin had a glow that no bronzer could have given me.  My pores are smaller and my skin tone is more even that I ever remember it being.  I am hooked and I have already ordered more!

Disclaimer: I was provided with these samples and like everything that I review my opinions are my own.  See I didn’t confuse you with tricky keywords and cosmetic mumbo-jumbo. I am a real woman who wishes she had a magic wand to erase the years from my face. I don’t (duh) and what I do not have is the time or money to scout out the best for my skin. And if I did would it be afordable?

My hope is that you see that my looking off the beaten path you may find what you are looking for. I have no wisdom to impart here. All I know is that when I feel like I look good I am happier.  I was able to get rid of a few things that I felt self conscious about so I am the winner here.

For more information on each of the companies and products  listed above please click on thier name under each picture.

Comments

1. says

My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I should check things out.
    I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page repeatedly.

2. says

Keep the mixture cooled and pat it on your lips as often as necessary.
    Oils such as jojoba, linseed, evening primrose, and shea butter moisturizes.

Heating dries up the hair, which can also create
    a lot of problems for your hair.

3. says

Professional responsibility principles should be incorporated into every area of office operations and procedures.
    Prepare an application for Tax-ID number, if needed. It is being embraced by students all over the world with a great
    vigor; a course called Sage line 50 certification was pursued by a record no.

4. says

People everywhere are reporting that they are losing 10, 12, even 18 pounds in a
    week due to the addition of these products and adhering to
    their strict rules. These foods are examples
    of healthy, high calorie foods that you should be consuming on a regular basis.

This will be accomplished while the egg cells are stored.

5. says

You need to get your boxes early but be aware that even flat they take
    up a lot of space. As your relationship continues into a long term relationship, narcissists will start to make veiled threats, with statements like:
    “my relationships have never lasted more than two or three years. Providing assistance to customers who are trying to relocate is the responsibility of the customer service reps.

6. says

First thing that you need to be sure of is to do the right
    research, it is important because there are a lot of fake
    websites that can easily fool you. The target for the five hundred calories is high-protein foods.

So, the question is, what has changed and how do we
    address the problem.

7. says

The cause for so many Miami Kitchen remodeling projects is simply because people are deciding to save
    a lot more funds by spending their time inside the residence and cooking fresh meals that cost much
    less than a night out inside the town. A few indulgent upgrades to build cooking more interesting are welcome enhancements,
    too. This is the most deciding factor before you proceed forward.

8. says

FDA laser safety standards for identification, each 5-10 minutes,
    every 1 to 2 times will be able to achieve the maximum effect, general
    hair loss after three weeks there will be improved signs of immature hair growth hair loss site, in the course of treatment after three months, you can see the thicker and darker hair grow.
    However, it comes with a relatively steep price tag of $500 or more.
    The best secrets to great health is in quality, not quantity.

9. says

So they may have an employment contract for 2 or 3
    years subsequent to the actual sale of the business.
    You are entitled to Medicare, even if you are not enrolled and are not
    receiving benefits. Most of us, instead of looking for ways to reduce debt we just keep adding
    more debt thinking we can somehow we can get out
    from under all this debt.

10. says

It is also supposed to encourage your hypothalamus to “reset” your system’s metabolic process making it easier for you to digest and process the foods that you
    eat. No one has to live with the discomfort of
    nasal congestion. These picnic spots and weekend gateways are spread along the borders ofthe city.

11. says

Your mouth watering chicken salad is ready to serve. These supplements, accompanied by some determination and discipline, will truly make the
    difference in your life that you are looking to gain. Crazy, unchecked, and typically unplanned eating
    occurs during evening for numerous individuals struggling
    to lose fat.

12. says

The best part is you do not have to deny your sweet tooth using these quick weight loss
    diets. And likewise, simply eating Muscle Builder Foods And doing Bodybuilding Workouts won’t add inches to your chest, arms,
    and shoulders, if you aren’t regularly
    pumping iron. “Never feeling hungry is not a sign of being healthy,” stated Dr.

13. says

Is it because of the lonesomeness that you’re presently going through.
    Whatever you do, do not get her a gift that is too forward.
    Pallet racking is among the most important aspects of a modern storage place.
    However, one thing you need to ensure before availing the services is that the company has a substantial list of contented clients.
    Similar to time-limited recesses, these applications are generally
    designed for unpaid caretakers that are working together with services over and above properties.

Additionally, you may not find the required time to do the entire needful task.
    Middle East region is hugely popular among expatriates as
    a career destination as people from all nationalities and religions come together to earn attractive salaries in return for their expert services.
    You will also need to establish how permanent your angel theme
    will be. The other mesmerizing peculiarity is that the relationships amongst fdi inbound outbound.
    The mansion has eight bedrooms split up in two guest rooms, a gym in the beach-side cabana, and a 460-square feet wardrobe.

Trackbacks