Red Gold Tomatoes has done it again! Not only do they have a bright and shiny new website but it is chocked full of recipes for every occasion and season!
Linda Wallace AKA The Red Gold Lady will be joining me this week on Around the Kitchen Sink Radio on 4/25. You can listen LIVE at 11 pm est on toginet.com and after on Itunes. Did you know you can also download my shows each week for FREE on the podcast player on my homepage?
Linda is sharing a few of her favorite spring recipes with us just in time for all of our family gatherings and outdoor dining. The first is a Delightful Fruit Salad that I have actually enjoyed at the Red Gold Elwood Corporate office made by Linda herself! Several of my blogging friends and I had the pleasure of touring their Elwood facilities last February.
- 1 head leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- ½ pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ pound fresh blueberries
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can RED GOLD® PETITE DICED TOMATOES, drained
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- Real bacon bits
- Toss lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, mango, RED GOLD® PETITE DICED TOMATOES, raisins, almonds and onion together in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Sprinkle real bacon bits over salad just before serving.
Next up, just in time for summer as well as Cinco de Mayo celebrations is a fresh and festive Guacamole Salad!
How do YOU use Red Gold, Redpack or Tuttoroso tomatoes in YOUR spring recipes?