I am so happy to announce that Linda Wallace AKA The Red Gold Lady will be a guest on Around the Kitchen Sink Radio on Thursday September 27 at 11 pm est! You can listen to our show LIVE at www.toginet.com
I met Linda and the rest of the Red Gold family back in February when I was selected to be one of the bloggers to attend the Taste of the NFL with Red Gold. I was able to tour their ketchup facility and meet their production staff. I was impressed with their dedication and work ethic. I immediately liked Linda, she was a true Foodie, like myself! She develops recipes for Red Gold as well as serves as their home economist. I was lucky enough to get to see Linda in action at the Indiana State Fair this year!
Linda was kind enough to share one of her prized recipes for chili and, on the show she will share how YOU can be involved in the Red Gold Chili Cook-off in Elwood, Indiana ! Linda will also be filling us all in on the details for the 5K run as well!
MAKES 8 SERVINGS MINUTES COOKING TIME 25 MINUTES
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili hot beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can RED GOLD® DICED TOMATOES CHILI READY
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can RED GOLD® PETITE DICED TOMATOES with GREEN CHILIES or PETITE DICED TOMATOES with LIME JUCICE & CILANTRO
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can RED GOLD® DICED TOMATOES
- 1 (15 ounce) can RED GOLD® CRUSHED TOMATOES
- Brown ground beef, onion and green bell pepper in a large skillet.
- Transfer to colander and rinse with hot water to remove fat. Transfer meat mixture to large kettle and add salt, pepper, chili powder and cocoa; mix well.
- Add chili hot beans, RED GOLD® DICED TOMATOES CHILI READY, RED GOLD® PETITE DICED TOMATOES with GREEN CHILIES, RED GOLD® DICED TOMATOES and RED GOLD® CRUSHED TOMATOES.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 to 25 minutes