I am excited to partner with the Indiana Family of Farmers to give 2 tickets to the Indiana State Fair that runs from August 3-19th! Not only am I sharing these tickets with you all but I am also sharing a fun and interactive way to learn more about Indiana’s farmers and how their hard work impacts every area of our lives in the Hoosier State!
Leave a comment below to win the following prize. Then read how you can participate while at the fair in a scavenger hunt of sorts to win a special prize from IFOF and learn a little bit along the way!
You must leave a comment below to be entered. I would love it if you tweeted this giveaway as well. If you let me know that you did, that separate comment will be yet another entry!
*2 Indiana State Fair tickets
*A set of Dairy Barn coupons (2 Milkshakes, 2 Grilled Cheese, 2 Kid Meals)
This giveaway runs from NOW-Sunday July 22 at 9 pm EST. You will have 24 hours to respond or I will have to draw another winner. Tickets will be mailed to YOU after the giveaway ends. Please leave a way for me to contact you in the comments. I will not search for a way to get a hold of you. No contacts no tickets. Sorry, I have had to resort to this :I
This is a RANDOM draw.
Thank you Indiana Family of Farmers (@FamilyofFarmers) and Indiana Dairy ( @INDairy) for providing me with the opportunity to share this with my readers!!!
Read on to find out how to have even MORE fun at the state fair!
Indiana State Fair attendees who follow the Indiana’s Family of Farmers (IFOF) Recipe Trail at the fairgrounds will help feed the hungry and win a prize.
For each person who finishes the trail, IFOF is partnering with Feeding Indiana’s Hungry (FIsH) to donate one pound of food to food banks across Indiana. A total of 2,000 pounds of food was donated last year. This year’s goal is 3,000 pounds! So that means 3,000 people are needed to go through the recipe trail to attain the goal. Thanks for helping to promote this awesome cause through your blogs!
Participants just need to collect recipe cards from 8 locations around the Fairgrounds and bring them to the Family of Farmers Booth at the DuPont Food Pavilion where they will collect their 9th card. There, they will win a special prize for completing the trail and have a chance to register for the daily dairy giveaway and the grand prize of a Frigidaire® chest freezer.
Click HERE to see a map
Recipe card locations
- Pathways to Water Quality
- Indiana Farm Bureau Building
- Soybean Statue Garden in BeanGoLand
- Habitat Ag Home
- Normandy Barn
- DuPont Food Pavilion (3 locations; Indiana Wine and Grape Council, Indiana Dairy, Purdue)
- Final Stop: Indiana Family of Farmers Booth at the DuPont Food Pavilion
- Start at any location and travel to the 9 destinations to collect recipe cards
- Redeem your recipes and sign up for prizes at the final stop: IFOF booth in the DuPont Food Pavilion.
- Winners of the daily giveaway are selected by a random drawing at the close of each day of the Fair.
- One winner of the Frigidaire® chest freezer will be selected by a random drawing on the last day of the fair.
- Winners will be notified by email or phone.
The IFOF’s recipe cards will feature recipes from real farmers around Indiana and highlight Indiana’s commodities such as pork, beef, poultry, soybeans, corn, lamb, fish and dairy along with an Indiana wine pairing. On the flip side of the cards, State Fairgoers will meet the farmer and read a personal food story from his or her family.
Where you can find more information online…..
A new building on the state fair grounds…..
The brand new DuPont Food Pavilion will be unveiled at this year’s State Fair. Along with hourly food demos on the Red Gold Kitchen (Bobby Dean is on the line-up!), the pavilion will also feature a retail store with more than 30 Indiana made specialty items available for purchase!
IFOF is proud to be part of the Food Pavilion all 17 days. Along with the recipe trail, different agricultural groups will be featured and providing samples at the IFOF booth each day! Some of the samples include tortilla chips from the Indiana Corn Marketing Council, sausage snackers from Indiana Pork, and duck from the Indiana State Department of Agriculture. Come each day to find out what the special sample is that day!
The IFOF booth will also feature a Food safety and food tips interactive video kiosk. Fairgoers can sit down, relax and watch interesting videos all controlled by their fingertips!
Partner with Habitat for Humanity…..The Habitat Build on the State Fairgrounds will be a stop on this year’s recipe trail. In addition, Indiana Family of Farmers will be donating a Frigidaire® freezer and meat donations to fill the freezer to the new homeowner! Thanks to the farmers around the state who grow our food and who generously gave back!
An event on August 1st….
Partner with Elanco Animal Health on their Hunger Initiative
IFOF will be onsite with a booth area at Elanco’s downtown Indianapolis Promotion for their hunger initiative “Hunger is Everywhere.”
About the event:
- Wednesday, August 1
- Emmis headquarters downtown Indianapolis will be the site for their hunger initiative awareness
- Downtown workers will be encouraged to bring a canned good/make a donation from 11a – 1pm
- Register to win ISF concert tickets
- If donation is made, they will receive a State Fair admission ticket
- IFOF will be promoting the recipe trail and how farmers in Indiana are giving back to their hungry neighbors through this fun initiative. IFOF will also be doing a dairy giveaway to promote the Year of Dairy Cows at the State Fair this year.
If you want another chance to win on another site check out Evoked By Light Katie there is giving away 2 tickets as well!