I would like to thank a few people that have recently thought so much of basilmomma that they wanted to give me this “award”.
Kim with : A Little Lunch . Kim’s site has the prettiest photography and you can practically hear her words jumping off the computer screen. I think she and I would get a long wonderfully and I would love it if you could check her out.
Amee with: Amee’s Savory Dish I met Amee a while back and immediately noticed that we are food twins! She and I have similar cooking styles and I am so glad we found each other. I am going to add her to the list of Women I Read Daily! Check her out ????
Kate with :Kate from Scratch Her recent post, giving a wonderful shot of love to basilmomma, started with an irreverant list of things all bloggers, especially female bloggers need to read and accept. I loved it and I love her food. I especially like that she says…”I click for tarts..” You will have to check her out to see what I mean ????
Saving what is closest to my heart for last I want to thank Isabelle at Home for sending me this award, first. Isabelle and I have had a relationship for a long time and unlike all of my “new” friends I have met since the blog went live in January, Isabelle lives about 1 1/2 miles from me! Our kids go to school together and we sometimes work together.
I originally put this post together last week but because of The Great Blogger Debacle of 2011 I had to re-type some of this today (Saturday). Some of this (thank God) was saved in draft and I was able to salvage it. However, I lost my next 3 articles, pictures, posts, comments, etc. Stinks!
Because I have already done this a few times in the last few weeks I am going to list 7 things I know about Isabelle instead of me!
1. Isabelle, obviously, is a great cook. I have always known this. I have had more of her food than most of her non-family members and her inventive and creative dishes always inspire me.
2. She is great in a pinch. I once had to ride in her car when I was quite ill and she handled it like a champ ????
3. She is multi-talented. A decorator, soccer queen, foodista, wife, mother, substitute teacher, boot camp instructor/personal trainer….I could go on and on. PLUS…she is multi-lingual! Funny thing, when I first met her at school I thought she was from Austria….wow. That conversation was embarrassing!
4. She has a hoard of chickens at her house. Really.
5. She cares about the environment and what she she feeds her family and others. Her food/cooking is socially aware yet not snobby.
6. For being French-Canadian, then a Floridian now Hoosier she is remarkably grounded. You will not meet a more un-pretentious person…I haven’t. I think I made un-pretentious up,,,not sure if it’s a word.
7.Isabelle has a bright future ahead of her with Isabelle at Home. Not only is her site about food and cooking, but she also writes about exercise and nutrition, random thoughts, decorating and family life. When you read her posts it is just like she is there with you …you can hear her voice in her words. Her writing is real and so is her cooking!
You can find Isabelle at: http://www.isabelleathome.wordpress.com and at Isabelle at Home on facebook.
Her link is also above as well as on my facebook page under sites I like!